Monday, January 12, 2009

Soup, glorious soup




Thanks to my dear friend Claire, I'm totally hooked on my Bon Appetit subscription. And I was particularly excited about their superspecial feature on kale this month (Feb 09). Only, I got to the market, ready to buy everything for Kale and White Bean Stew--no kale. None. Enter, spinach.

Now that I've subbed out the main ingredent, that leave me free to sub out whatever I want, I figure. Market was out of fresh thyme and chives: enter, dried tarragon, basil and fines herbes. I misread the Sherry wine vinegar to read straight-up Sherry.



But, pas de problème! C'est delicieuse anyways! Yum spinach and white beans.

One last thing: this calls for a full cup of shallots. I find those wee delicious little buggers to be killer on the eyes, so lately I've been using my swim goggles. One of these days, I'll splurge on a set of onion goggles from Gourmet Warehouse. In the meantime, I'm lookin' fine.


2 comments:

claire said...

Hilarious! I love your ingenuity and subtuitiveness (and yes, I know that's not a word, but it should be)!

Did you know that ski goggles also work for the onion blues? I've got some super sexy onion chopping, goggle pics in my album too. :)

c-licious said...

I'll never have a reason to not have a giggle-fit on command again...I need only to recall "Anicka the Onion Slayer!"