Sunday, January 18, 2009

Meg's Delicious Whiskey Sours


Okay, so this is my first "live blogging" experience. You'll have to read between the lines in order to decipher exactly what that means.

Anyhow, Meg is my whiskey sour angel. And tonight, I've finally learned her secret recipe. So before it's too late, I'm recording for posterity.

Okay, so put the following in a cocktail shaker (amount per drink):
  • 2 oz whiksey (Meg recommends Jack)
  • 1tsp powdered sugar
  • 3/4 oz lemon juice
  • 1-2 tsp egg white (or more if you like a frothier, richer texture)
Shake vigorously for a few seconds. Then add ice cubes and shake again. Pour into tumblers and be the hero of your party.

Special thanks to Alisha for reading over my shoulder and saving me from typo embarrassment.

2 comments:

c-licious said...

My face puckers up with joy just reading this post.

Anonymous said...

Feed the garburator - yum yum!

Seriously, my kitchen smelled like citrus heaven for days. Oh, and the whiskey sours were delish, too.